Ohio Sports Plus League Information
2023 3v3 Freeplay Summer League - Check Back To See When The Next League Will Be
We will be holding a 3v3 Freeplay Summer League with a few variations to your normal league. It will be for the following age groups/divisions:
- Girls 3rd/4th Grade
- Girls 5th/6th Grade
- Girls 7th/8th Grade
- Boys 3rd/4th Grade
- Boys 5th/6th Grade
The details are below with the biggest wrinkle as the #1 detail:
- NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED TO BE IN THE FACILITY DURING THE GAMES. Freeplay means the kids are playing and figuring out how to play the game themselves. If you can't or do not want to abide by this, then please don't register your team.
- Location: Ohio Sports Plus, 4140 Tuller Road, Suite 118, Dublin, OH 43017.
- Court monitors at each court for each game making sure everything is running smooth.
- Girls play dates are Mondays June 12, 19, 26 July 10, 17, and 24
- Boys play dates are Tuesdays June 13, 20, 27 July 11, 18, and 25
- Fourth of July week is an OFF week.
- Monday times are 2pm to 5pm. Each team plays 2-20 minute games in 1 hour slot each day.
- Tuesday times are 2pm to 4pm. Each team plays 2-20 minute games in 1 hour slot each day.
- 8 teams maximum per division. A team will not be considered registered until they have filled out the registration form AND completed payment.
- 5 kids max per team. We encourage 5 so you have subs when teammates go on vacation.
- Each registered athlete will be provided a t-shirt.
- Cost is $250 per team plus a $10 processing fee.
To register for the 3v3 Freeplay Summer League please click on the link below. When you register, please make sure you are clicking the correct age group for your team. Once a division has 8 teams, that division is closed.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration ends June 7, 2023!
Holding spot for previous posts and language
Recently, we've had several calls regarding AAU tryouts and whether we will be having any in the fall. My understanding is that there are several AAU programs that will be holding tryouts over the course of the next few weekends.
We WILL be holding tryouts for our AAU teams for the 2024 spring season, but it will be held in February before the spring season starts. We will not be having any fall tryouts.
There shouldn't be a rush to solidify AAU teams in September. A lot can happen between now and March. I personally don't feel comfortable locking someone in an agreement with us when we won't hold our first practices until after their winter basketball season ends.
If you want to wait until after your son/daughter's basketball season, rest assured we will have tryouts just like we did last year. We will get those dates out at the beginning of 2024, but they will probably be in February again with a couple that first week in March.
As a parent, the club system can be a little overwhelming. All I want is an opportunity for my daughter to learn, get better, and have fun. Ohio Sports Plus will give your child that opportunity all in due time.
At this particular time, this is what your athlete should be focusing on:
- If they are playing a traditional fall sport, then they should be focusing on that. The last thing you need to worry about is taking your son/daughter to a basketball tryout on a day that they should be getting much needed recovery from their fall sport.
- If they are not playing a fall sport, then they should be getting ready for the school basketball tryouts and playing for their school team. Do what you need to do to get better. Focus on that. Which we certainly can help you with that at our facility.
- As a parent, I don't want to worry about missing a soccer tournament so my daughter can attend a basketball tryout for a team that won't (or shouldn't be) begin play until March. I'm sure you don't either.
Once again, we will be having our AAU tryouts, but not until February 2024. This will give us plenty of time to make sure we can acquire great coaches for your kids and develop the best experience possible for your sons/daughters.
This will be the best way we know to have them continue to love this great game of basketball!
Good luck this winter with your school team and we look forward to seeing you in the spring.
Sincerely, the Ohio Sports Plus staff!